Aleksandar Todorović (r3bl)
I write things in my free time.
50 daily visitors
This website didn't have a day without 50+ visitors.
LOCKED: infosec specialization
On my way to receive my infosec specalization.
What I wrote about recently
- The city I write this in protected its name, so I am not legally allowed to use it, in which I explained how the capital of Bosnia & Herzegovina tries to trademark the name of the city.
- My Top 17 Songs of 2017, in which I shared the songs that I liked the most during the year.
- Three ways of re-creating Firefox Focus behavior on Firefox desktop, in which I explored different options of making Firefox behave like Firefox Focus does on smartphones.
Favorite articles (written by me)
- 2018-01-21 The city I write this in protected its name, so I am not legally allowed to use it
- 2017-10-20 Three ways of re-creating Firefox Focus behavior on Firefox desktop
- 2016-06-12 YubiKey NEO: Ubuntu 16.04 usefulness (+ review)
- 2015-06-30 Linux as a lifestyle
- 2015-02-16 A beginner's guide to GitHub , an award winning article
- 2018-01-21Boing Boing City of Sarajevo bans unsanctioned utterances of its name, threatens Facebook groups
- 2017-09-13The Mozilla Blog Mozilla Announces 15 New Fellows for Science, Advocacy, and Media
- 2016-02-03Opensource.com Announcing the 2016 Opensource.com Community Awards winners
- 2015-12-21Opensource.com Best of Opensource.com: Top 20 articles of the year
- 2012-03-06DJTechTools DJing With A Computer Keyboard
Countries I've traveled to
Country of origin
Country of residence
Donations I've made in 2017
- 130 USD to Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF): An international digital rights group defending civil liberties in the digital world.
- 50 EUR to European Digital Rights (EDRi): An association of organizations across Europe defending rights and freedoms in the digital world.
- 50 USD to Lupiga.com: An independent investigative journalism organization from Croatia.
- 25 USD to Tor Project: An organization responsible for developing and maintaining Tor anonymity network.
- 25 USD to Creative Commons: An organization devoted to expanding the range of creative works available for others to build upon and share.
- 25 USD to Mozilla Foundation: An organization that promotes openness, innovation and participation on the Internet.
- 20 USD to American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU): An organization whose mission is to defend the rights and liberties guaranteed to all US citizens.
- 20 USD to Purism: A company that attemps to make a world-first truly privacy-oriented smartphone (Librem 5).
- 10 USD to Michele Gaio: Author of Dash-to-Dock and other GNOME extensions.
- 10 USD to Internet Archive: A digital library whose mission is universal access to all knowledge.
- 10 USD to Wikimedia Foundation: An organization whose mission is to bring free educational content to the world.
Books I've read in 2018
- Currently reading: The Red Web: The Struggle Between Russia's...... by Andrei Soldatov
- Why the Dutch are Different: A Journey into the Hidden Heart of the Netherlands by Ben Coates (ISBN: 9781857886337) (★★★★☆)
- The Four: The Hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google by Scott Galloway (ISBN: 9780735213654) (★★★★☆)
- Chasing the Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs by Johann Hari (ISBN unknown) (★★★★★)
- We Have No Idea: A Guide to the Unknown Universe by Jorge Cham (ISBN unknown) (★★★☆☆)
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (ISBN unknown) (★★★★★)
- American Kingpin: The Epic Hunt for the Criminal Mastermind behind the Silk Road Drugs Empire by Nick Bilton (ISBN unknown) (★★★☆☆)