I believe it is very important for each of us to financially support the non-profit organizations and projects whose causes we agree with. That’s why, in 2017, I have financially backed the following projects, organizations, and individuals.
Donations I've made in 2017
- 130 USD to Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF): An international digital rights group defending civil liberties in the digital world.
- 50 EUR to European Digital Rights (EDRi): An association of organizations across Europe defending rights and freedoms in the digital world.
- 50 USD to Lupiga.com: An independent investigative journalism organization from Croatia.
- 25 USD to Tor Project: An organization responsible for developing and maintaining Tor anonymity network.
- 25 USD to Creative Commons: An organization devoted to expanding the range of creative works available for others to build upon and share.
- 25 USD to Mozilla Foundation: An organization that promotes openness, innovation and participation on the Internet.
- 20 USD to American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU): An organization whose mission is to defend the rights and liberties guaranteed to all US citizens.
- 20 USD to Purism: A company that attemps to make a world-first truly privacy-oriented smartphone (Librem 5).
- 10 USD to Michele Gaio: Author of Dash-to-Dock and other GNOME extensions.
- 10 USD to Internet Archive: A digital library whose mission is universal access to all knowledge.
- 10 USD to Wikimedia Foundation: An organization whose mission is to bring free educational content to the world.
Total amount donated in 2017: ~315 EUR / ~385 USD